Knowing what to wear is easy. Figuring out how to wear it is an art, not every woman can master. Every woman wants to be classy, whether her personal style is minimalistic and sophisticated or bohemian and street style. What makes you look chic and classy is clothes, footwear, makeup, hairstyles, and accessories.
We are going to break these into some simple fashion tips so that it is easier for you to absorb and follow.
1. Understand the Color Wheel
Taking help from a color wheel can always be a good idea if you are confused about mixing and matching your outfits. Here’s what you need to understand about the color wheel:
- Analogous is always yes. Analogous colors are the ones present right next to each other. For example, light blue stands between teal and blue-violet. Pair it up with either of these.
- Go for complementary colors. Complementary colors are always on opposite ends. For example, burgundy and forest green is an outclass combo.
- Mix neutrals. You can always mix and match neutrals. That’s why navy jeans always look great with a white top.
Remember, your outfit should never have more than 3 colors. That’s the basic rule of the color wheel!
2. Balance Your Top and Bottom
Balancing your top and bottom in terms of fit is really important. When wearing tight jeans, go for a loose or baggy top for a great balance. Similarly, wide-leg pants or a skirt should go with a fitted or cropped top. It makes your outfit look simple, balanced, and classy.
Going for an all-loose style is a good option for bohemians, though – if that’s your personal style.
3. Get Those Three Jackets
Classy women surely have these three jackets in their wardrobe – a blazer, a leather jacket, and denim jacket. Pairing up your winter outfits with a leather jacket and your spring outfits with denim or blazer makes a statement piece.
When in doubt about layering up, jackets are a win-win.
4. Accessorize, Accessorize, and Accessorize!
Accessories add a classy element to your style. It is a must never to miss accessories. If you are a minimalist, simply go for anyone accessory – earrings, a watch, or a cute bag. But, make sure you never overdo accessories either. Wearing everything you have in your accessory box is not a good idea at all.
- Wearing a watch. When picking a watch, go for a matte gold, rose gold, or silver (according to your outfit) or one with a simple black or brown leather strap.
- Statement Earrings. Golden or silver hoops or simple pearl studs are classic statement pieces.
- Bags. Go for a tote, a shoulder bag, or a small, simple clutch if you are out for a formal lunch.
- Rings. Picking the right rings is a challenge. When in doubt, go for bands or some elegant design.
- Necklace. A gold pendant with a circle, a pearl, or any minimal elements is always a yes. Adding a necklace makes a huge difference to your overall look.
- Shades. A lot of women think choosing the right shades is difficult. Here’s a forever tip for buying your shades. For round face shape, go for angular shades, and if you have an angular face shape, pick round shades.
- Scarf. A beautiful scarf glamorizes your casual outfit. Play with your scarves in different ways!
5. Find Your Signature Hairstyle
Hairstyles vary from loose open hair to sleek ponytails and braids. Only a few women look good in every hairstyle. If you are not one of them, you need to find your signature hairstyle. The way you style your hair can make or break the total style.
After dressing up, you will not want to let hairstyle ruin everything. So, middle part your hair and see if it looks better on you than side parting. Or you are not a loose, open hair person? In this case, choose loose braids or a sleek, high ponytail to inspire others wherever you go!
Moreover, it is also a good idea to keep changing your looks. Leave your hair loose one day and go for a high ponytail the next, just what suits right with your outfit.
6. Pick the Right Footwear
Footwear determines whether you look classy or just an ordinary woman. Having every other heel, flats and sandals are not what your wardrobe needs. All you should do is choose the right footwear that goes perfectly well with most of your outfits.
When you buy heels, a black and nude pair of heels is a must. Flats can vary in colors, though.
Have you ever noticed that footwear looked perfect otherwise but not in your foot? The key is to keep your skin tone in mind when pairing footwear with your outfit.
7. Makeup According to Your Outfit
Makeup can enhance the overall look, but only if you know how to do the right makeup to complement your outfit instead of destructing the whole look. Remember that if you are wearing bold outfits or heavy accessories, go for a natural, light makeup look – mascara, little blush, and neutral lip color is enough!
However, if your outfit is really simple, you can go for a winged eyeliner with a highlighter or a bit more overdo.
8. Reveal Just the Right Amount of Skin
Just like you balance your outfit, balancing how much skin is showing off is crucial too. Make sure that you reveal just the right amount of skin. When in doubt, reveal as little as possible. It will make you look confident and so add to your appearance.
Styling up in a way that you look classy is not a big deal. The good news? You can do it in a budget. All you need to do is keep trying to put in your best. Choose the right colors, balance out your outfits, wear the right accessories, style your hair perfectly, and you will learn as you go!